Sunday 29 July 2012

Beer Bottle Craft

It look me forever to find anything useful to do with beer bottles, that was not to do with bottle caps. I looked at this website. http://imgfave.com/view/1762109
I liked the idea of using four bottles and then using a letter on each, instead of love just being on the one bottle as my bottles were a bit smaller and I thought it would be a little different than just the one bottle. Most people spray paint the colour onto the bottle and that is a neater way but I painted mine because it was cheaper.





Step 1: Gather four beer bottles, or any bottles of that size, I used lemon, lime and bitters bottles, that I had leftover from just general use.
Step 2: Get the labels off them. I suggest soaking in boiling hot water and then get a scourer and scrub off the glue residue.
Step 3 : Get you glue gun on hot and make sure you have more glue sticks because it can take more than one go to write out the letter. (If you do make a mistake the glue is easy to peel off once dried.
Step 4 : Let the glue to dry completely before painting or spray painting the bottles.
Step 5: Paint or Spray paint the bottles, might take two coats if your bottle is a not clear. Make sure that you check that there is paint in the letters, so for instance the "O" make sure there is paint on the inside so that it is completely covered.
Step 6 : Let it dry and then place in your house or even used for your wedding.


No comments:

Post a Comment