Monday 16 July 2012

Marble Picture Frame

Hey, I have been looking at these old marbles that I have had since year 2, I am 19 and that is a long time ago for me. Now this craft does need a glue gun and it would work a lot better with smaller marbles but I had these, if you don't have marbles, I think there are some available in the kids sections of Kmart or Big W and are not that expensive would be under $5.

Step 1: Buy a wooden frame, at Big W there are two for $5 and are the 4x6 in size. White was the one I choose. You could use any frame in your house that needs a little colour.

Step 2 : Turn on your glue gun and assemble your marbles in the arrangement you would like.

Step 3: Attach the marbles to the frame, make sure that the frame is lying down not standing because the marbles will just roll off.

I liked that the fact I used a black and white image that made the marbles stand out more as well as highlighting the image in the frame.

I think that you can use coloured buttons as well but this gives it a more of a 3-D element.

Tip: Make sure that the glue in the glue gun is clear and not yellow which can happen to glue that has aged. To find cheap glue replacements the reject shop sells glue for $3. For a cheap glue gun there is one at Kmart for $8. Make sure if there are children using the glue gun that there is an adult present. 

No comments:

Post a Comment