Monday 16 July 2012

Pinwheel Craft

Hello, Welcome to my Blog.
Over the university break I decided to be a little crazy and do some recycled art, as I am kind of broke.
Basically I tried to use things around the house to put my own creative tweaks onto classic recycled art.
So my first really easy project was making a pinwheel, now I loved the idea of this for a wedding flower, so instead of using a pin to make it swirl, I used a button and attached skewer. This I will make into a flower arrangement later but for now I just wanted to use it for a decoration in the wedding, so far I have made over 25. The instructions from the basis of my pinwheel, I got from this website. http://www.leslietryon.com/3dcolorcutout/makepinw/makepinwheel.html

There is also a version I have made with a cut out star which was an alternative to the button, if you don't want to use a button.

This was uploaded with the use of instagram, and are made with just some paper and a star cut out. My big tip when making pinwheels is to use double sided tape to stick the paper together as well as add on the button or the cut out. It is also not to expensive to buy, for example at the Reject Shop you can buy a massive roll for just $2. It is also not as messy as using craft glue.
If you are using craft glue I suggest the craft glue from Kmart in the craft section of the store which is priced at $2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment