Tuesday 17 July 2012

Craft Boxes :)

Well I have started to have beads, buttons and ribbons everywhere so I bought some little craft boxes from crazy clark's for just $3.50.  That is what the boxes looked like at the beginning of the project. Basic cardboard.

STEP 1 : Was to paint the boxes, now you can do just the outside but I decided that I would do all of the cardboard just because I think it looks nicer, but it does take more time to paint the inside and out.

STEP 2 :  Wait for it to dry, and then decide what you want on the inside, this way you can decorate the box top to hold in the box. So I choose buttons, beads and ribbons, so I used those to decorate the tops.

This here is my ribbons box, inside I have the beads to show what would be inside the box. Basically this was the easiest to assemble as all you have to do is make a bow in a piece of ribbon and then either with double sided tape or craft glue stick to the top of the boxes lid.







This is all the rest of the boxes, there was three. The first one at the top is the bead box and that has beads on the top and a twisted ribbon glued down in the middle. The beads might need to be attached with a glue gun if the beads are round, the beads I used were flat so I attached them with just craft glue. The bead box was a little bit more difficult as I had to use some jewellery wire to attach the buttons on top of each other. The easiest way is to just to make a knot in the wire at the top and the bottom with the buttons in the middle. It is easy to thread the buttons on with wire as there is holes to put the thread through. Attach the buttons with either craft glue or double sided tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment