Thursday 19 July 2012

Recycled Books Flower

This was a simple and cheap little decoration that I really wanted to try. I got the whole thing from this cool website. http://www.sundaybaker.net/2011/02/book-page-flowers-tutorial.html
My flowers were a bit bigger than the ones they made, plus I only made one of them n it was just put on a book not a cool looking vase. All you need for this is an old book, double sided tape and a button or buttons depending on the amount of flowers you wish to make. I found that only using one page didn't give the flower  enough volume. I think that three layers was much better than one, make sure to leave a big enough gap to squeeze in the rolled flower petals.
TA DA!!! I think with more flowers and time it could look really amazing, I was thinking of putting them on a canvas as flower with a black background.

No comments:

Post a Comment